About Me

My photo
Cromer, Norfolk, United Kingdom




I'm a former hospital radio/club/mobile DJ, avid record collector and amateur musician (playing guitar, keyboards, recorder, harmonica and percussion.) I've even filled in on bass guitar for a couple of local bands as well (although that was quite a few years ago). Also interested in Motorsports, Wrestling/Mixed Martial Arts and Classic Television and Radio from the 1960s - 1980s.

Why am I on here? Well, I'm just trying to make some sense of life before it's too late...but who cares anyway?

Thursday, 18 August 2016

Guess I'm Not Cut Out For "The Clique"

So dear reader, you ask why I don't fit in to this "clique" I refer to in the title of this entry.

1) I'm so far out in the sticks that I can't get to these meet-ups I hear so much about, and can't afford to get to anyway...

2) I don't go round hobnobbing with has-beens who are so desperate to recapture past glories...

3) I have too much to worry about in the "Here and Now" to get obsessed with stuff which happened over 30 years ago for two hours every week...

4) And whenever I throw some extra info to fill in a blank or correct a mistake, this guy who's seen as God by some thinks I'm pedantic.

Well, I've had enough. I can find better ways of occupying myself on a Sunday night than living in the past.  The others can do what they wish. I'll march to the beat of my own drum, not a Simmons SDS 5.