About Me

My photo
Cromer, Norfolk, United Kingdom




I'm a former hospital radio/club/mobile DJ, avid record collector and amateur musician (playing guitar, keyboards, recorder, harmonica and percussion.) I've even filled in on bass guitar for a couple of local bands as well (although that was quite a few years ago). Also interested in Motorsports, Wrestling/Mixed Martial Arts and Classic Television and Radio from the 1960s - 1980s.

Why am I on here? Well, I'm just trying to make some sense of life before it's too late...but who cares anyway?

Monday, 2 November 2015

You Will.......

So there's been very little going on that's worth bothering about at the moment - it's just been the usual round of online job hunting, transferring old TV programmes on to DVD and so on.  Having said that, those awfully nice people at Jobcentre Plus (he said rather sarcastically) are setting me up with YET ANOTHER scheme. (Well, as far as DWP are concerned it's not so much  "do you want to go on a work placement?" as "you will go on a work placement whether you want to or not")  Basically, all I can do is just bite the bullet, go down and see what happens.  Hopefully it'll be somewhere I can put my computer skills to some good use, although from what I've seen online about this particular scheme, if you don't end up on a placement to start with, it'll be just another endless round of supervised job searching, which sounds pointless as I'm averaging around 9 - 10 applications a week, but if I have to do it, then what the hell..